Friday, August 26, 2011

Jogma

Please pray for my friend Jogma. Last week she had a semi-emergent c-section. I feel like any surgery in Liberia is a scary one, but especially this one. After 60+ hours of labor and still no baby-- she was exhausted, baby's heart rate showed signs of stress, the doctors decided that was the only way to go.

Thankfully, the baby was born without any problems. Small Joshua (as we call him) is perfect in every way.


Jogma, however, is having a really hard time. She has been having a lot of pain and fevers since Joshua was born. Two days ago I took her back to the hospital to have her stitches removed and they found an infection in the wound. Today I brought her back for a dressing change and not only is the infection there, she is severely anemic. She has been re-admitted to the hospital (I will say again here how scary hospitals are in Liberia!) for IV antibiotics and an emergent transfusion.

Jogma is young, 16 years old, and scared. She is one of the smartest, sweetest and most talented girls I know. Please join me in praying for her health and safety today.


No comments: