Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Safe and Secure

In the past week the owner of the night club next door was murdered-- shot by armed robbers as he left for the night,  his family staged a loud and disruptive protest (riot) against the police right outside my house and some of my own security guards (the ones who I increased for security due to the problems outside the fence) were caught stealing from inside my fence. Needless to say, it has been a rough week.

I heard the shot, witnessed the traffic stopping protest, discovered the missing fuel. There has been a great range of emotions-- fear, anger, numbness, disbelief. And even just plain feeling like an idiot. There were many moments that I didn't exactly feel safe and secure.

Somehow I am still standing. Somehow through it all I have felt protected. Scared, yes. Unsure, yes. Betrayed, yes. But, most of all, protected and saved and thankful.

I am thankful tonight for those who have worked hard for my safety and security. I am proud and thankful for my team, who has endured the trials of the last week and has come through strong, even smiling. I am thankful  for God's protection and the endurance to carry on.

No comments: