Friday, December 24, 2010

more Christmas ponderings

There is always one verse that stands out to me when I am reading the Christmas story. Luke 2:19 says, "But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart." There was a lot going on-- shepherds, angels, corrupt leaders, census taking, babies being born. Ok, one Baby. But still, he was no ordinary baby. And in the midst of it all the author takes a moment to insert this sweet interlude. Mary treasured all these things and pondered them in her heart. She didn't just go along for the ride. She was invested and didn't want to miss out on the meaning of one miraculous minute.

I feel like there is a lesson in there for me. Do I take that time? Do I treasure all the amazing things going on around me. 

As you know, I spent this week delivering Christmas to the kids at several orphanages. It is a time that is often hectic, taking it all in can be difficult. As a way to remember the week and thank those who donate towards it we make a video. It is aMAzing! I can't get enough of it. I was there when it happened, but I can't stop watching the faces, the joy, the amazement, the miracle of it all. 


Click here to watch the video for yourself, it is so much better than me trying to describe it to you.


So, as Christmas is here and we celebrate the birth of Mary's baby. The inspiration of her own treasuring and pondering, our Savior, Jesus Christ-- let's all take some time to stop, to treasure, to ponder the miracles in our own lives.


Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

vicki is searching said...

A Very Merry Christmas to you too!