Sunday, September 20, 2009

Growing Gifty

My precious Gifty-girl keeps growing! She is actually walking and talking! I even 'talked' to her on the phone a few weeks ago. Well, I talked and she whistled and snorted and laughed- it was still amazing! Heidi says she is learning more and more new words and she loves impressing everyone with them. I am in ever-increasing awe as I get the updates on how Gifty is developing, especially when I remember where we were a year ago...

After 10 months in the states, her doctors continue to give good reports on Gifty's health. Overall they are happy with her growth and development. However the truth remains that she still has a very damaged liver. Some things have been changing and there are several new tests and possible procedures scheduled for Gifty this week at the Mayo Clinic.
Please join me in prayer for her this week.

Even more, join me in rejoicing over all God has done in and through Gifty in the last year. Just look at this picture taken a few weeks ago when Andrew was visiting her and her family in Wisconsin.

Bet you are smiling now!
(Can you believe how tall she is?)

No comments: