Friday, October 5, 2012

Lets do this thing.

In 11 days I'll be getting back on  a plane again and making that 30+ journey back to Liberia...

Back to smokey, thick air, outdoor showers, lots and lots of rice, hugs and tugs, small, dark children, huge smiles, huge bellies, fevers, dancing, drumming, singing, loving, learning, growing... home.

I've felt more at home this time around in America. I've loved every destination, each moment with friends and family, each home-cooked meal. I've discovered the life-changing self-serve frozen yogurt shoppe trend and, as of this morning, the bacon maple bar (what!?).

But still, Liberia calls me back for more.

Truth be told, this may be my last long-term stint in Africa for awhile. Transition is in the air. There are a lot of unknowns for me in the upcoming months, which should be overwhelming. However, there is peace when one find themselves right in the middle of where God wants them, and that is where I must be right now, because even though I don't know how I'm going to pay my mortgage (among other things) for the next several months I do know that God is in control. He is inviting me to live with Him more boldly, uninhibitedly. To dance with Him, gaze at Him, to just be [with Him]. (And it is fantastic.)

As always, I appreciate your prayers, your words of encouragement, your support of every kind. I could not survive without you. As I prepare to go back, I'd like to invite you to continue to journey with me. God is doing beautiful things, not only in the lives of the vulnerable, needy, oppressed children in Liberia, but in my life, and, if you allow it, in yours as well.

Lets do this thing.


1 comment:

Don Riley said...

You make me home sick for Liberia!!!!! My wife and I are in the process of moving our family to liberia. All 6 of us will live in Zwedru. All that stands between us and this land that we love is the sale of our house. All is in God's hands. I will spend more time reading your blog in the future. I have established a blog of my own at liberiacalls.blogspot.com
God Bless!
Don