Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January 2012

I haven't been writing a lot to keep everyone updated on things in Liberia this past month so here is a summary of what I've been up to this year so far...

Christmas deliveries continued. I surprised the kids at three more orphanages and a preschool with Christmas goodies this month and still have more deliveries to go! (Check out the Christmas video here.)

I got a cat! (And had a monkey visit for a few days.)
Today, Manyeh (the cat) and Grace (the monkey) hung out for awhile on the porch.
 (add that to things that have happened on my front porch.)

I had the honor of witnessing two of my friends get married.
Congrats to Jeam and Rachel Smith!

I got to spend time with some pretty awesome kiddos-- like Massah.


I played tour guide to three separate groups of visitors and had the honor of introducing them to my world here in Liberia. One day of touring included the ever improving Cultural Presentation at Frances Gaskin's. Apparently I even inspired some of the cultural decor.

The visiting nurses from Children's Surgery International and I  gave out almost 1000 worm treatments in the communities surrounding four different orphanage homes. Here, Yamah is showing off that she finished chewing the yucky tasting medicine. Good job-- give this girl some candy!

No comments: