Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Back in the L-I-B

I arrived back in Monrovia Friday night to find that our generator was, as we say in Liberia, "spoiled." For those of you who do not rely on generator power, not having one means-- no electricity (obviously), no water (can't run the water pump), no charging of phones or computer batteries, no internet... you get the idea. Five days later, after two trips to the repair shop and one generator repair tech home visit we seem to be up and running again. Phew! 

Today Elena (my sole ORR side-kick for now) and I went to visit the kids at two different orphanages. We were greeted by shrieks of laughter, hugs and, "you got fat-o!" (After two years I am still reminding myself that is not an insult). It was great to be back with the kids. And a good reminder why I am here-- not to wrestle with generator repair and the other craziness that floats to the top of the priority list-- but to love on these precious ones.


1 comment:

Lydia Ministry said...

I wish I had definite plans in place to come back soon. It is good to see you with your kids again. I hope that your time back in the States was refreshing and that now you are filled with full sails for what God has in front of you...for the good works prepared before hand that you should walk in. :-)
Shelly Timbol