Thursday, February 11, 2010

Swimming with Mary and Piko.

Today was the Second Annual “Take Mary and Piko Swimming to Celebrate Armed Forces Day” day. Last year we took them to the beach and they bathed in the sea for the first time in many years (something like 30 years for Piko). Last time we watched them go reluctant at first, and then flipping and flopping like fish in the waves. Every holiday since last Armed Forces Day Mary has asked me if we can go swimming again. Today, both sporting new swimsuits, the two of them giggled and tiptoed into the waves without hesitation. They even out swam me-- I was lounging on the beach long before they dragged themselves out of the water.



I love that I have been here long enough to reminisce about what we did a year ago. Traditions are being established and I am looking forward for more to come in the future.