Sunday, October 18, 2009

Blessed

This afternoon I gathered with a small group of people from my church to talk about Liberia, the kiddos, my experiences there and plans for returning (this Thursday). I was telling stories and showing pictures as we went along. The last picture was of the kids at Frances Gaskins praying for me on my last day in Liberia last spring. A picture that I love because it captures one of the most precious moments of my life. Those kids knew exactly what I needed and sent me home blessed by their words of prayer for me and my family in America. When I was done sharing this afternoon my church family came around me to pray. I found myself sitting in a chair surrounded by loving friends and tender hands and looking straight at the picture of the kids from Frances Gaskins surrounding me in the same way last May. It felt like I was looking in a mirror.

How blessed am I to have such amazing people on both ends of my life?


No comments: